RAIL FERRY BY AUTO-TRAIN CORPORATION, TODAY AND TOMORROW
This paper provides a brief description of the actual "Auto-Train" service with an emphasis on equipment and terminal operations. Expansionary plans for the future are also mentioned.
- Contributed by the Intersociety Committee on Transportation for presentation at the Intersociety Conference on Transportation, Atlanta, Georgia, July 14-18, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Garfield, E K
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Auto on train; Energy conservation; Intermodal terminals; Loading facilities; Passenger service; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130789
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-ICT-9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM