CONSOLIDATED NUCLEAR STEAM GENERATOR, ECONOMIC DATA FOR NUCLEAR SHIP ROUTE STUDIES
Descriptive information and cost estimates based on consolidated nuclear steam generator designs for 31,000-shp and 70,000-shp applications are provided. Included is data on: 1) total capital costs of the completed reactor plant for each of the specified power levels; 2) all reactor auxiliaries and service system components necessary to complete the primary loop and the associated costs of each component; 3) maintenance and repair projections; 4) reactor fuel and refueling operation costs; and 5) manning requirements associated with the complete reactor plant.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-CNSG.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
McMullen (John J) Associates, IncorporatedNew York, NY USA
American Export Isbrandtsen Lines,
- Publication Date: 1964-12
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Crew size; Design; Economics; Manning requirements; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026734
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2468
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM