NS SAVANNAH HAZARDS SUMMARY REPORT FOR 1964 SEA TRIALS, MARITIME ADMINISTRATION BACKUP CREW
The N.S. Savannah hazards summary report is given for the 1964 sea trials operated with a government crew composed primarily of Maritime Administration personnel. The program of operations described is for dockside and sea operation at and out of Galveston, Texas, for the purpose of the personnel training to provide a government backup crew for the regular crew. Data are given for the ship condition, the proposed program of operations, organization, training program, site and hazards analysis, and criteria for operation. An appendix is included with resumes of personnel.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-11.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX United States
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1964-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear radiation; Operations; Risk assessment; Ship trials; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear hazard evaluation; Operational procedures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026732
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-11 Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM