PORT OPERATION OF THE N.S. SAVANNAH
Port criteria are presented for the N.S. Savannah, establishing basic limitations on its operations in all ports which supersede all previously issued specifications. The criteria are issued to assure due consideration of the health and safety of the public. Prerequisites are listed for both initial port entry and port reentries. Port acceptability limitations are outlined with regard to accident assumptions, mooring location considerations, remote anchorage, limitations on transit routes, port emergency plants, and special exception (one-hour zone). In-port administrative and procedural safeguards and port operating plans are also described. The appendix provides data on zone evaluation for environmental safeguards.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-10.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX USA
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1964-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Port operations; Ports of entry; Ship operations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00026731
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-10
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM