FRICTION MATERIALS FOR SMALL CAR SOLID ROTOR APPLICATIONS
Semi-metallic friction materials recently developed offer significant improvements in lining life, rotor compatability and noise over organic friction materials on small cars equipped with solid rotors. Improvements originally predicted from full brake intertia dynamometer tests have been verified on vehicle durability and fleet tests.
- Presented at SAE Automobile Engineering Meeting, Oct. 13-17 1975, Detroit, Mich.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Kwolek, J P
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake linings; Compact automobiles; Durability; Dynamometers; Friction; Inertia (Mechanics); Noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Small car
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00130742
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750874
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM