NS SAVANNAH TRAINING MANUAL, SHIP AND SYSTEMS DESCRIPTION, VOLUME 2
The second volume of the N.S. Savannah training manual provides ship and systems description, focusing on the power plant. Detailed data are provided on the reactor plant auxiliary systems, including pressurizing and relief systems, loop purification, buffer seal, hydrogen addition, cooling, waste disposal and collection, and emergency systems. The propulsion system is discussed in terms of steam systems, boiler feed, circulation, condenser contaminated drain and detection, take-home motor, and supplementary steam equipment. Finally, the electrical systems are described, considering functions, power sources, power distribution, and generating plant. Figures and drawings are provided throughout the text.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-NSTM-Vol-2. See MRIS-026726, Vol 1.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX United States
- Publication Date: 1964-6
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 188 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Ships; Structural design; Training devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant design
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026727
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM