NS SAVANNAH TRAINING MANUAL, SHIP AND SYSTEMS DESCRIPTION, VOLUME 1
Intended to serve as introductory material to the N.S. Savannah, the training manual presents a summary of the ship and its equipment, both conventional and nuclear. Special emphasis is placed on the reactor and support systems. More complete and detailed training material in other areas is presented in supplementary volumes. Introductory remarks include discussion of the program, administration, regulation, port visit plans, the Galveston Facility, and the N.S.V. Atomic Servant. Descriptions of the ship include the hull structure and compartments, deck arrangements, reactor compartment and secondary shield, and ship control and communications equipment. The power plant description deals with the reactor assembly, reactor coolant system, radiation protection systems, and reactor plant control system. The bulk of the report is devoted to tables and figures.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-NSTM-Vol-1. See MRIS-026727, Vol 2.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyN.S. Savannah Technical Staff
Galveston, TX United States
- Publication Date: 1964-6
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Ships; Structural design; Training devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant design
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026726
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-3377
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM