PREDICTION OF LONG-TERM STRESS RANGES. USER'S MANUAL - STRESSES HISTOGRAM PREDICTION SYSTEM
The development of a computer simulation program system for generating highway traffic crossing a bridge and calculating the resulting stresses and stress ranges is described. The total system consists of four stand-alone programs which can be used either independently or as a dependent series where output from one program is used as input to the next. Output consists of loading and stress range histograms. A description of two computer programs which operate as a system with BRGSTRS (Report FHWA-RD-73-44) is given. The first, SYNGEN, generates single axle loads for the BRGSTRS program, which in turm generates a stress signature curve for each axle load. The second, HISGEN, generates long-term stress range histograms from the single axle stress trace. Included are utilization and data preparation instructions and a sample case.
- Sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration, Department of Transportation.
Integrated Systems, Incorporated6900 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD United States 20015
- Fothergill, J W
- Lee, H Y
- Fothergill, P A
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Computer programs; Forecasting; Highway bridges; Histograms; Manuals; Needs assessment; Stresses; Traffic simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00130703
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-73- 45 Final Rpt., FCP 35G1-012
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7904
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM