CAPSIZING/SWAMPING ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS FOR 1974 SEASON. VOLUME II. APPENDICES B-U
From several hundred boating accidents, twenty (20) were selected for in-depth investigation. Particular emphasis were placed on acquiring adequate data on the physical characteristics of the involved boats for use in the computer program LODCAP which calculates load capacities. The report summarizes the acquisition of the accident data, criteria for selection of those to be investigated, the investigation procedures, and the results of the twenty (20) in-depth investigations.
- See also Volume 1, AD-A015 142.
Wyle Laboratories7800 Governors Drive West
Huntsville, AL United States 35805
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 449 p.
- TRT Terms: Capsizing; Crash causes; Crash investigation; Marine safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Boating safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00130700
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MSR-75-23Vol2-AppB-UFinal Rpt., USCG-D-140-75
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-40672-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM