MODEL STUDIES FOR SMALL SEAGOING WORK VESSELS
Four proposed hull forms for seagoing work vessels were studied for: (1) Resistance in calm water; (2) rolling in uniform as well as in irregular waves in beam seas; (3) heaving and pitching in irregular head seas at four speeds. The results are tabulated and plotted as EHP vs. ship speed. Rolling response curves are given, as well as the expected rolling, pitching and heaving in various sea states.
University of California, BerkeleyCollege of Engineering
Berkeley, CA USA 94720
- Sibul, O J
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Merchant seamen; Pitching moment; Rolling; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Irregular waves; Power requirement; Roll amplitude; Seagoing work force
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130697
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NA-75-3 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-69-A0200-1071
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM