IMPLEMENTATION OF STATISTICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR CONTROL OF BITUMINOUS CONCRETE, REPORT II
Statistical specifications were employed on a trail basis on a contract calling for a bituminous concrete overlay on an old concrete pavement on U.S. Rt 1 in Branford, Conn. Control strips were required for the placing of the overlay on the concrete, old bituminous shoulders and new built-up shoulders created by widening of the existing road. During the construction, the feasibility of implementing this type of specification for the control of bituminous concrete was assessed. Revisions to the specifications are suggested on the basis of test results, which are also set forth. /FHWA/
Wethersfield, CT United States 06109
- Lane, K R
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Concrete pavements; Implementation; Overlays (Pavements); Pavement widening; Performance based specifications; Performance tests; Quality control; Road shoulders; Specifications; Statistical quality control
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Materials; Research;
- Accession Number: 00130693
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM