EVALUATION OF INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR LATEX PAINTS
A search for better latex paints is being made. Exposure tests of twenty-four latex paints on concrete and wood are in progress. X-ray techniques have been used in following changes in apparent film thickness of thin films of latex paints on wood in outdoor exposure and on wood and aluminum in weatherometer exposures. Rankings of the paints have been made on the bases of light reflectance, color change, chalking and apparent loss of film thickness as they exist at present. /FHWA/
- Report sponsored by Federal Highway Administration, Louisiana Regional Office, Baton Rouge.
Louisiana Department of HighwaysP.O. Box 44245, Capitol Station
Baton Rouge, LA USA 70804
- Kewish, R W
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum; Concrete structures; Crash exposure; Evaluation; Films (Coatings); Latex; Paint; Testing; Thickness; Weather; Wood; X ray analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure; Film thickness
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00130690
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 72-3CH(B), #2 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM