COLLISION AVOIDANCE AND STATION KEEPING ANTENNA SYSTEM
The patent describes a method of applying a circularly symmetric antenna system to collision avoidance and station keeping with the ability to respond retrodirectively. Specifically, airborne or surface vehicles may employ a method which determines the relative bearing between the vehicles from a single interrogation of one vehicle by the other.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing. Patent application filed 19 Sept. 72.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Coleman, H P
- Bishop, W B
- Publication Date: 1974-11-26
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Crash avoidance systems; Radar; Ship operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Antenna systems; Station keeping
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00130684
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AD-D001 367/2 Patent, PAT-APPL-290 427
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM