The patent relates to a device whereby a ship mounted stabilizer roll tank is instrumented to generate signals indicative of the tank moment. The ship is also instrumented to generate signals indicative of its actual roll. The measured tank moment is weighted to yield a signal indicative of the difference between the actual stabilized roll and the estimated unstabilized roll.
- Government-owned invention avilable for licensing. Patent application filed 14 Nov 73.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Russ, J E
- Publication Date: 1974-11-12
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Rolling; Soil stabilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Roll control systems; Roll stabilization; Stabilization systems
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00130682
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AD-D001 361/5 Patent, PAT-APPL-415 693
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM