DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS FOR MOTORCYCLE EXHAUST SYSTEMS
In addition to adequate sound and performance levels, practical exhaust systems are characterized by a large number of design considerations. These include size, weight, position, cost, durability, styling, and tonal quality. This paper discusses the severe constraints that motorcycles place on these parameters because of their relatively small size and high-performance levels.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Eriksson, L J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Design; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Motorcycles; Noise; Performance; Size; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095846
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #740626
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM