AIRBORNE INFRARED IMAGERY OF ARCTIC SEA ICE THICKNESS
This report presents an empirically observed correlation between ice thickness and infrared brightness ice temperature, based on heat transfer and heat flux at the sea-ice and sea-air interfaces.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric AdministrationAtmospheric Physics and Chemistry Laboratory
Boulder, CO United States 80302
- Kuhn, P M
- Stearns, L P
- Ramseier, R O
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Heat transfer; Ice; Infrared detectors; Thickness
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice reporting; Ice thickness
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00130678
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: APCL-24M0AA-75101401Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM