NOISE REDUCTION PROGRAM FOR U.S. ARMY CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT
The initial program was to analyze the source of noise, reduce noise at the source, and provide overall noise reduction treatment to reach lowest practical levels. Similar efforts were then accomplished on several special military vehicles to provide noise reduction retrofit kits. The initial work revealed special needs in the area of hydraulic system noise, and acoustical materials and in-depth studies were initiated to analyze techniques of hydraulic noise measurement and to evaluate material suitability for military use.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Hopler, P D
- Wehr, S E
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction equipment; Damping (Engineering); Hydraulic equipment; Materials; Measurement; Military organizations; Noise; Noise control; Sound absorption
- Uncontrolled Terms: Military; Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic systems
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095841
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #740714
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM