ANALYSIS OF MARINE FUEL CONSUMPTION AND SALES
Results are presented of a compilation and analysis of available marine fuel data. An estimate of the total fuel requirements of the U.S. flag fleet is given and an analysis of marine fuel sales data is made covering sales to ships of all flags in U.S. ports. Trends of fuel consumption for the years 1970 to 1974 are given in tabular fuel--residual or distillate--and the source--domestic or bonded (foreign). The total sales of fuel in U.S. ports to ships of all flags in 1973 are shown to have been about two-thirds of the overall U.S. fleet requirements.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureCenter for Maritime Studies
Glen Cove, NY USA 11542
- Binkley, J
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Fleet management; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Supply
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fuel availability; Fuel costs
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00130676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-145 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-4230
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM