THE ABC'S OF RADIAL OFF-THE-ROAD EARTHMOVER TIRES
The advantages and disadvantages of radial off-the-road earthmover tires are discussed with comparisons to the bias ply tire. The radial tire advantage of "Cooler Running Higher Ton-Mile-Per-Hour" is elaborated. Radial tire design trends and applications are covered with preference given to the sidewall protective Rock Lug designs at all non-skid levels.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Vermie, H R
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: All terrain vehicles; Alternatives analysis; Bias (Statistics); Construction equipment; Design; Earthwork; Radial ply tires; Tires
- Old TRIS Terms: Radial tires
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095839
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #740679
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM