MARYLAND HIGHWAY DRAINAGE STUDY VOLUME IV - OVER-LAND FLOW ON AREAS SUBJECT TO INFILTRATION LOSSES
The report describes the results of a series of computer simulations of overland flow over pervious surfaces in urban areas. The work was one phase of the development of a mathematical model for the computation of runoff hydrographs in urban areas. This report describes that portion of the overall model concerned with runoff from pervious surfaces. The infiltration abstraction, as described in this paper, is the single most important factor in computing the runoff hydrograph over pervious surfaces. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by Maryland Department of Transportation and FHWA.
University of Maryland, College ParkDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College Park, MD USA 20742
- Street, D W
- Ragan, R M
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Drainage; Hydrographs; Infiltration; Mathematical models; Runoff; Simulation; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00130657
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: AW074-073-046-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: AW074-073-046
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM