MARYLAND HIGHWAY DRAINAGE STUDY: VOLUME III - A LINKED SYSTEM MODEL FOR THE SYNTHESIS OF HYDROGRAPHS IN URBAN AREAS
The algorithm developed in this report makes use of the equations for one-dimensional, unsteady, spatially-varied open channel flow and an empirical overland flow mathematical model. The technician or engineer does not need a knowledge of the equations used, since he is required only to describe the physical features of the drainage area and select the hyetograph. The computer automatically develops the hydrograph and returns the values of the discharge at pre-selected time intervals. /FHWA/
- Sponsored by Maryland Department of Transportation and FHWA.
University of Maryland, College ParkDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College Park, MD USA 20742
- Root, M J
- Ragan, R M
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Channel flow; Computers; Dimensional analysis; Drainage; Hydrographs; Hydrologic phenomena; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Open channel flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrologic data
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00130656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: AW074-073-046-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: AW074-073-046
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM