MARITIME NUCLEAR STEAM GENERATOR
The current status of the 630A Nuclear Steam Generator is reported. The 630A Nuclear Steam Generator consists of an air-cooled, water-moderated reactor using metallic fuel elements, a once-through water tube boiler, two axial-flow blowers, lead and water shielding controls, and necessary auxiliary equipment. The design, safety features, overall configuration, and operating cycle for a 27,300-SHP version of the 630A are summarized. Information is included on the design and characteristics of the reactor shield plug assembly, boiler, pressure vessel, shield containment vessel, shield, nuclear steam generator accessories, handling and service equipment, fuel elements, control systems, control rods, cooling systems, critical experiments, power cycles, and blower systems.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Publication Date: 1963-9-12
- Pagination: 284 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Instrumentation; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Reactor fuel cycle
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel cycles; Nuclear reactor control systems; Nuclear reactor instrumentation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026691
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SR-1 Status Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(40-1)-2847
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM