THE ROLE OF METHANOL AS A CLEAN FUEL
The use of coal as a prime energy source is examined. The author focuses on the process of coal gasification to produce a synthesis gas for subsequent conversion to either gaseous or liquid products, and particularly on the methanol process. The production of methanol is described, as are ways of using it commercially.
New York, NY USA 10017
- JACKSON, R G
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Energy; Gasification; Liquid fuels; Methanol
- Subject Areas: Energy; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00095812
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE Paper 740642
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM