IMPACT ZONING: AN INTRODUCTION AND SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
The introduction to this bibliography defines the concept of impact zoning and discusses the following four basic characteristics of impact zoning: (1) it relates land use demands to land use capacities; (2) it measures the consequences of any changes in land use; (3) it is a process and not a product; and (4) it provides a legislative and administrative framework for land use management rather than land use control. The bibliography contains general materials on impact zoning, materials about communities and counties where the concept of impact zoning or performance zoning has been applied, materials about the development or use of performance standards in land use planning, and materials dealing with the concept of capacity/demand analysis which is necessary for the application of impact zoning.
Council of Planning LibrariansP.O. Box 229
Monticello, IL United States 61856
- Ditmer, R W
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Impacts; Land use; Land use planning; Legal factors; Management; Urban areas; Urban development; Zoning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Law; Society;
- Accession Number: 00130617
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Exch. Bibliog. #974
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM