SUPPLEMENTARY PORT ANALYSIS REPORT. PANAMA CANAL. BALBOA VISITATION AND NORTHBOUND TRANSIT
A supplementary port analysis report for the Panama Canal is presented, dealing with a Balboa visitation and northbound transit of the N.S. Savannah. Principal fields of investigation include: approaches to the harbor; pier and dock facilities; port fire control capability; tug size, number, and availability; water characteristics based on tidal conditions; communications between various agencies such as tug companies, Coast Guard, Civil Defense, police and fire departments; police control of crowds and ability to disperse and evacuate crowds; and the possibility of quick departure of the ship from its berth to a remote anchorage in emergency situations. Port and emergency procedures are outlined.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number M-3-PC-Suppl.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Atomic Energy CommissionWashington, DC United States 20235
- Publication Date: 1963-1-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Marine terminals; Nuclear powered ships; Port structures; Ports; Safety; Ship operations; Standards
- Identifier Terms: Panama Canal
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Emergency contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00026686
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 970/5389
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM