VEHICLE AND MACHINE OPERATOR SOUND DATA ACQUISITION AND REDUCTION SYSTEM
The unaltered, commercially available instrumentation described in this paper provides an accurate (close to Type 1 sound level meter tolerances) and lightweight (total system -- 5.25 lb) sound recording system. In conjunction with commercially available programmable calculators, this instrumentation enables accurate determination of dosage to various criteria. The applications included construction equipment, lift trucks, farm or yard tractors, private airplanes, military vehicles, highway trucks, motor boats, snowmobiles, etc.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Flint, W H
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic equipment; Aircraft noise; Boats; Construction equipment; Data collection; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Operators (Persons); Passengers; Recording instruments; Snowmobiles; Sound level; Traffic noise; Truck tractors; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operator
- Old TRIS Terms: Recorders; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Highways; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095794
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No 740685
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM