DISC BRAKES TAKE ON THE HEAVIES
Disc brakes for trucks have been the subject of intensive investigation in the United States since their adoption on passenger cars and light trucks in the mid 1960s. The first commercial use of heavy-duty calipers will be on the front axles of heavy air-braked trucks where their stability and high torque characteristics are of particular advantage in meeting FMVSS 121.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Birge, W T
- Rinker, K H
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Brakes; Disc brakes; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095792
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No 740602
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM