EXHAUST EMISSIONS FROM 2-STROKE OUTBOARD MOTORS AND THEIR IMPACT
Four new motors were tested on dynamomenter stands. Emission concentrations were measured in raw exhaust gas and after the gases had been bubbled through water in a specially constructed tank. Constituents measured included hydrocarbons, CO, CO2, NO, NOX, O2, light hydrocarbons, and aldehydes. Emissions of sulfur oxides (SOX) were estimated on the basis of fuel consumed, and all the exhaust emissions data were used with available information on population and usage of motors to estimate exhaust emission factors and national exhaust emissions impact.
New York, NY United States 10017
- HARE, C T
- SPRINGER, K J
- Huls, T A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Dynamometers; Exhaust gases; Measurement; Pollutants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Outboard motors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095790
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No 740737
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM