ANALYSIS OF THE STATE OF RESIDUAL ELASTIC STRAIN IN GUARTZOSE ROCKS BY X-RAY DIFFRACTION
The residual elastic strain in an oriented quartzite sample taken from outcrop is measured by means of x-ray diffraction. Two disks cored at right angles to each other are cut parallel to the XY plane and the Z axis respectively of a rectangular coordinates system related to the field orientation. Six solutions for the principal strain axes are calculated by computer analysis. The technique permits a general solution of the three- dimensional state of residual elastic strain in naturally deformed rocks. /FHWA/
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/19203762503632134
- Sponsored by California Department of Transportation in cooperation with FHWA.
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA USA 95819
- Gamble, J
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordinates; Diffraction; Information processing; Quartzite; Residual stress; Strain measurement; Stress tests (Equipment); X ray analysis; X rays
- Non-Preferred Terms: Three dimensional
- Uncontrolled Terms: X-ray diffraction
- Old TRIS Terms: Orientation /particles/; X ray stress analysis
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00130596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- ISBN: 19203-762503-632134
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76-S0424 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: D-5-44
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM