OIL ANALYSIS APPLICATIONS TO OFF-HIGHWAY EQUIPMENT
This paper describes how a comprehensive oil analysis program is implemented in operations involving off-highway and similar equipment. Oil samples are taken on a routine basis and thoroughly analyzed in a laboratory. Tests are tailored to the equipment being sampled, and individual records are maintained per unit to allow monitoring of trends. Highly qualified data analysts review test results and provide practical maintenance recommendations. Test significance and interpretation are discussed and exemplary case histories provided.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Poley, J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: All terrain vehicles; Analysis; Oils; Samples; Testing; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095784
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No. 740658
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM