SHOCK ABSORBERS: AN INTEGRAL PART OF RECREATIONAL VEHICLE DEVELOPMENTS
Various applications of the familiar tubular hydraulic shock absorber to recreational vehicles are reviewed. There is a brief discussion of operating characteristics of hydraulic shock absorbers as a preliminary to discussing damping requirements for suspensions, steering dampers, sway controllers, and stabilizers found on recreational vehicles. The review covers present use of shock absorbers on motorcycles, snowmobiles, golf carts, boat trailers, trailer brakes, outboard motors, travel trailers, sway control motor homes, and camper stabilizers.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Cline, R C
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Hydraulic structures; Motorcycles; Recreational vehicles; Shock absorbers; Vehicle characteristics
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095783
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No. 740678
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM