AN INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRIC TRAILER BRAKE SYSTEMS
The electric wheel brake utilizes the principle of controlled electric current to an electromagnetic actuator to provide input into the brake shoes. A description of the function of the electric brake magnet and controller operation is provided, as is an account of the application of the safety breakaway switch and variable resistor or load control in assembling a complete electric brake system.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Swanson, D L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Control; Electric brakes; Magnets; Trailers
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095782
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No 740663
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM