HEAVY TRUCK DISC BRAKES -- TESTING FOR TOUGHNESS
This paper outlines various laboratory tests which can be utilized to evaluate heavy truck disc brakes. The methods described include supplemental techniques derived from improved dynamometer procedures which assure that the brake components and assembly will perform the intended function and that a practical and effective design has been obtained. They ensure that the brakes will provide the "toughness" required in the "real world" environment.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Stokes, S L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Disc brakes; Dynamometers; Heavy vehicles; Laboratory tests; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095779
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No. 740603
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM