TRUCK TIRE VIBRATION NOISE
This paper describes the procedure and instrumentation used to telemeter, record, and analyze in-service truck tire accelerations. The tire sound signal monitored at a point approximately 1 ft to the rear of the tire was recorded simultaneously with the acceleration signal on board the test vehicle. Subsequent time domain, frequency domain, and level analyses of the signals show the importance and relationship of tire acceleration to the tire noise generated. The results reported are for a 10:00-20 cross-bar type tire with three states of wear, two load conditions and three speeds.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Reiter, W F
- Eberhardt, A C
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Instrumentation; Loads; Mathematical analysis; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Recording instruments; Speed; Tires; Traffic noise; Trucks; Vibration; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data analysis; Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Recorders; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00095776
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No. 740609
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM