FUELS AND EMISSIONS -- UPDATE AND OUTLOOK, 1974
Profound change has been observed in automotive emissions since the late 1960's. This change is marked both in the amount and in the chemical make-up of the controlled emissions. The nature of these changes and implications for air pollution effects are discussed. Data are presented to show that emissions control may deteriorate seriously at some temperatures at which vehicles normally operate. The more viable options for alternative fuels are identified, and emissions characteristics of these fuels are described.
New York, NY United States 10017
- HURN, R W
- Chamberlain, T W
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Automobiles; Chemical composition; Fuels; Pollutants; Temperature
- Uncontrolled Terms: Change
- Old TRIS Terms: Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095775
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No. 740694
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM