RECENT ADVANCES IN INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE INSTRUMENTATION WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO HIGH-SPEED DATA ACQUISITION AND AUTOMATED TEST BED
The development of instrumentation techniques for research in internal combustion engines is described. A general discussion of instrument classification and requirements is followed by a description of transducer development including calibration techniques, signal processing, and data acquisition. Details are given of two direct on-line digitizing devices for high-speed data acquisition (one purpose made and the other using an on-line computer). An analysis of instrumentation and data acquisition errors is presented. The integration of the data acquisition equipment into a semi-automatic controlled test bed is described and a proposal for a fully automated test bed presented.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Benson, R S
- Pick, R
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Calibration; Computers; Data collection; Digital computers; Errors; Instrumentation; Internal combustion engines; Test beds; Testing equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: On line computers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00095773
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE No 74695
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM