VIBRATOR-GENERATOR TESTS ON NS SAVANNAH IN DEEP WATER
Vibration-generator tests were made on N.S. Savannah in deep water while the ship was powered by her emergency propulsion system. Resonant frequencies and mode shapes of the hull for vertical, horizontal, and torsional vibration were measured. A comparison of experimental and calculated results indicated that agreement is about as satisfying as that usually found for surface ships. Recommendations for further tests are made.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number DTMB-1784.
David Taylor Model BasinAcoustics and Vibration Laboratory
Washington, DC USA
- Noonan, C J
- Cummings, J T
- Publication Date: 1963-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Measurement; Nuclear powered ships; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull vibration; Vibration measurement
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 1784
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM