MECHANICAL STRAIN RECORDER ON A CONNECTICUT BRIDGE
Mechanical strain recorders were installed on a Connecticut highway bridge. Evaluation of the first eight weeks of test results indicate that the recorders experienced some operational problems. An adequate comparison of strain range data was obtained between the mechanical and electrical strain systems; however, the repeatability of the mechanical strain recorders in recording the smaller strain ranges was not demonstrated satisfactorily. The ability of the mechanical strain recorders to record the higher strains of interest should be evaluated during Test Phase III. /FHWA/
- Notice of NTIS number pending. Study conducted in cooperation with FHWA.
Technology, IncorporatedInstruments and Controls Division
Dayton, OH USA 45431
Wethersfield, CT USA 06109
- Jackson, C A
- Feldt, G V
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 187 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Evaluation; Machinery; Recording instruments; Strain (Mechanics); Strain gages; Test procedures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Reproducibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Mechanical equipment; Recorders; Strains
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00095740
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: TI 54520-73-4 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: HPR Project 344
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 26 1975 12:00AM