GUIDELINE FOR TEXTURING OF PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE PAVEMENTS
This guideline presents a recommended method for obtaining a desirable macrotexture on portland cement concrete pavements and a description of the equipment employed. The recommended procedure, which is considered far superior to most traditional methods of texturing, is transverse plastic grooving. Speed gradient curves of skid resistance indicate improved performance with such grooved sections. An appendix to the guideline contains a description of the measurement of texture depth by the sand patch method.
- This report was compiled by the Technical Subcommittee on Surface Properties of the American Concrete Paving Association.
American Concrete Paving Association1211 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL USA 60523
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete pavements; Design methods; Equipment; Guidelines; Macrotexture; Pavement grooving; Pavement performance; Pavements; Portland cement concrete; Skid resistance; Surface course (Pavements); Texture
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00095734
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Technical Bulletin 19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM