ANALYSIS AND SIMULATION OF VEHICLE/GUIDEWAY INTERACTIONS WITH APPLICATION TO A TRACKED AIR CUSHION VEHICLE
Several analytical methods for investigating the problem of vehicle/guideway dynamic interactions are presented. These methods include several digital programs, each tailored to solve a particular aspect of the vehicle/guideway problem. Also included are computerized frequency domain methods for rapid estimation of system sensitivity to principal parameters and for use in selecting candidate guideway parameters. The major tool is the full scale vehicle/guideway dynamic interaction simulation, TRAVSIM, which includes coupled vehicle/guideway dynamics, independently generated guideway roughness profiles, and data processing for obtaining vehicle output data in the various ride quality formats. An example of the use of these methods to analyze the effects of guideway roughness and flexibility on a specific vehicle is illustrated. Roughness parameters are given in terms readily understandable to guideway contractors and include camber, pier settlement, pier survey error and surface finish. Results show that it is possible to vary roughness and cross section parameters and tolerances while achieving equivalent vehicle performance. Therefore, it seems possible to allow the guideway contractor to select the least costly set of tolerances to achieve the specified ride quality.
Mitre Corporation1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard
McLean, VA United States 22102
- RAVERA, R J
- Anderes, J R
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programs; Dynamic tests; Dynamics; Elevated guideways; Guideways; Roughness; Simulation; Structural analysis; Tracked air cushion vehicles; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Guideway roughness
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00095721
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD & D-75-38 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30015
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM