GREAT LAKES WINTER NAVIGATION: TECHNICAL AND ECONOMIC ANALYSES. ANNEX: METHODS OF EVALUATION AND COMPUTER PROGRAM
This report is an annex to a previously published five volume set of reports dealing with Great Lakes Winter Navigation. Revisions and modifications to the computer program known as the Extended Season Program, or ESP, are summarized. This program is used for the prediction of the economic performance of Great Lakes bulk carriers operating in an extended season. The report describes additions and modifications to the methods of evaluating ship economics and operations during the winter on the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River. The documentation of the computer program containing these revisions is also updated. Finally a series of examples illustrates the increased versatility of the computer program.
- This report was sponsored by the U.S. Maritime Administration.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Swift, P M
- Elste, V H
- Stallone, B J
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Operations
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes; Saint Lawrence River
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Gt. lakes)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00130516
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-930-75076
- Contract Numbers: 1-35487
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM