LABORATORY TESTS OF JARRAH WOOD - A PRODUCT OF AUSTRALIA
Greenheart (Demerara) Inc., who market Jarrah wood in this country requested the AAR to conduct laboratory tests with the view of determining its usefulness as material for ties. Request was based on premise that Jarrah wood would have greater strength and be more resistant to wear than creosoted red oak.
Chicago, IL USA 60616
- Publication Date: 1961-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Deterioration; Protective coatings; Railroad ties; Wood ties
- Old TRIS Terms: Cross tie deterioration; Wooden cross ties
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: ER-19
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM