MINIMUM COST DESIGN OF RETAINING WALLS BY OPTIMIZATION
The use of an improved version of optimization subroutines described in earlier work is demonstrated for the minimum cost design of reinforced concrete cantilever retaining walls. A particular design situation is considered and the costs of nine different geometric wall sections are compared for a range of heights and ground bearing capacities and two different fill materials behind the wall. Other investigations include an examination of the effect of changes in the cost.
Transport and Road Research LaboratoryOld Wokingham Road
Crowthorne RG11 6AU, Berkshire, England
- WILLS, J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Cantilevers; Concrete structures; Costs; Design; Embankments; Optimization; Reinforced concrete retaining walls; Retaining walls
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Finance; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00095696
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: SR120 UC Sup. Rept.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM