SUBWAY AERODYNAMIC AND THERMODYNAMIC TESTS
The purpose of this report is to present, describe and interpret the test data generated in the SAT Facility (double track, rectangular cross section tunnel, smooth, with a solid dividing wall, 15% porosity curtain wall and open except for periodic columns). In particular aerodynamic data for 3 trains of blockage ratios varying between 0.35 and 0.75 is described for steady and unsteady runs. Comparison with the CalTech theoretical work is made.
- This report was prepared for the Institute for Rapid Transit, Washington, D.C. and sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, U.S. DOT. See also RRIS Nos. 095662 through 095667, Section 23, RRIS Bulletin 7502.
Developmental Sciences, IncorporatedAerospace Technology Division
City of Industry, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Subways; Ventilation systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095668
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Rapid Transit
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0010-7217Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: SC-72-200
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM