APPLICATION OF SCALING DATA TO MODEL TESTS TO OBTAIN FULL-SCALE RESULTS
The purpose of this document is to consider at the beginning of the Subway Environmental Research Project, the methodology for relating the experimental scale modeling data to full-scale predictions. The similitude laws being developed at CIT/JPL are considered in terms of their application to the geometrically scaled experiments to be run at DSI/AT. A procedure for scaling the DSI/AT data at full-scale is discussed and examples are given.
- This report was prepared for the Institute for Rapid Transit, Washington, D.C. and sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, U.S. DOT. See also RRIS Nos. 095662 through 095666 and 095668, Section 23, RRIS Bulletin 7502.
Developmental Sciences, IncorporatedAerospace Technology Division
City of Industry, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1971-3
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Subways; Tunnels; Ventilation systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Rapid Transit
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-7-71-10
- Contract Numbers: UT-290
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM