VENT AND STATION TEST (VST) FACILITY DESIGN
In view of the fact that virtually no quantitative information is available regarding the airflow properties of subway vent shafts and stations, DSI-AT has undertaken the study of these properties and the design and construction of a unique test facility to obtain this missing, yet crucial data. The VST facility will supply the information required to characterize the airflow properties in subway vent shafts, transition sections, and stations in terms of rational parameters. These experimentally determined parameters will serve both as critical experimental inputs for the theoretical computer analysis and to provide needed guidance for effective experimental work in DSI-AT's subway aerodynamic test (SAT) facility.
- This report was prepared for U.S. DOT, Urban Mass Transportation Administration. See also RRIS Nos. 095663 through 095668, Section 23, RRIS Bulletin 7502.
Developmental Sciences, IncorporatedAerospace Technology Division
City of Industry, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1971-1
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Air; Flow; Subway stations; Subways; Test facilities; Ventilation systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00095662
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Rapid Transit
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-MTD-7-71-11 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM