RANDOM FATIGUE-A LITERATURE REVIEW
A critical review is made of literature concerning the fatigue behavior of structures subjected to random loads. Some 29 references in this regard are summarized and discussed herein. These summaries and discussions are grouped under the following topics: statistical distribution of fatigue life, probabilistic approach to the prediction of fatigue life, and random processes in structural fatigue. Moreover, some cumulative damage theorems are summarized in the Appendix.
- Department of Civil Engineering, Technical Report CE-22 (70) NSF-065.
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM USA 87131
National Science Foundation1800 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20550
- Tang, Jhy-Pyng
- Yao, James TP
- Publication Date: 1970-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Fatigue (Mechanics); Structural mechanics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue life
- Old TRIS Terms: Random fatigue
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00005632
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: GK-2865
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM