HUMAN FACTORS IN SHIP CONTROL. VOLUME III. FUNCTIONS AND INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS OF DECK WATCH OFFICERS AND OTHER DECK PERSONNEL.
This document contains the tables and figures which serve as supplementary materials for the Functions and Information of Deck Watch Officers and Other Deck Personnel. The format for this document is constructed to reflect the sequence of use of the information in the document for which it is a supplement. The data is intended for use in conjunction with Volume 1. However, the tables and figures can be used without reference to the document. In this case, it should be understood that relative scales have been developed for the tables which present the frequency, duration and criticality of operator tasks, and these scales are explained in the document sited above. Basically, the scales consist of a numerical weighting of each task from one to four with one being the lowest and four the highest weight. Functional definitions were also developed to aid in the classification of these tasks. ( Author )
General DynamicsQuincy, MA USA 02169
- Mara, Thomas D
- Publication Date: 1968-1-6
- Pagination: 143 p.
- Volume: 3
- TRT Terms: Human factors engineering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00001607
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: U41768001 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1972 12:00AM