SHORT EXPOSITION ON TESTING METHODS FOR EXPERIMENTAL RAILS AT THE TS.N.I.I. M.P.S. TEST LOOP
KRATKOE IZLOZHENIE METODIKI ISPYTANIIA OPYTNYKH REL'SOV NA KOL'TSE TS.N.I.I. M.P.S.
This is a short exposition of the investigation methods for track on the test loop of the Central Scientific Research Institute of the the U.S.S.R. Ministry of Railroads. It covers test designs of an upper track structure on concrete slab foundation; these are reinforced concrete slabs. Type 4-U, with rail reinforcement ZHBP and BS-I. Diagrams of these reinforcements are included. The report goes on to discuss small dimension frames and concrete ties pre-stressed for heavy wheel loads with experimentally designed rail reinforcements. Fundamental characteristics of railroad ties are discussed and a photograph shows ties with KB reinforcement, and diagrams of BP-65, 2HBR-65, and KB-65 reinforcements. Prestressed concrete ties with wire rope are included. Covered in detail are the standard railroad switch P65, railroad frog type P65 with movable point, railroad switch type P65 brand I/II, and finally a track section on asbestos ballast.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Concrete; Concrete slab track; Concrete ties; Frogs (Railroads); Insulation blankets; Prestressed concrete ties; Rail fasteners; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Test tracks; Tie pads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Switches
- Old TRIS Terms: Track structures
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130313
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM