PERSPECTIVES OF ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE DEVELOPMENT
PERSPEKTIVY RAZVITIIA ELEKTROVOZOV
Electrified railroads today make up half of the transport network; the next five-year plan intends to electrify six to seven thousand more kilometers of railroad. This study examines the fundamental possible directions for the technical improvement of electric locomotives, developing out of operational experience and traction energy research. The report covers fundamental parameters of prospective electric locomotive loads, possibilities of achieving necessary parameters, and finally, directions of development of electric passenger locomotives.
- Abstract only is available in English, original untranslated as of November 1976.
USSR Ministry of RailwaysNovo-Basmannaya, Ulitsa 2
- Tikhmenev, B N
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Electric locomotives; High speed rail; Locomotives; Passenger trains; Railroad electrification; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00130310
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1976 12:00AM